Sunday transit service has been a long-standing public request. Transit service on Sundays was identified as a need in the Redding Area Bus Authority's (RABA) short-range transit plan and during SRTA's 2015/16, 2016/17, and 2017/18 Unmet Transit Needs process. SRTA hired a consultant team to assist in conducting community outreach, market analysis and development of a business plan. Reports related to the planning effort are below.
The business plan led to the development of the ShastaConnect Sunday On-Demand Transit service which is a 24-month ride-sharing pilot project that started October 2019. The service is operated through grant support through the Low Carbon Transit Operations (LCTOP) program. Initial service started October 13, 2019, but was suspended after March 29, 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. After working out details to provide a safe service for operators and riders, the service relaunched with an expanded service area on November 1, 2020. To learn more about the service, click here to see the ShastaConnect website: www.shastaconnect.org/sunday-transit/
Current Service Information:
- Days of the week: Sundays
- Hours of operation: 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Service area: Cities of Anderson, Redding, and Shasta Lake, and some areas of unincorporated Shasta County
- Contact Info to request rides: Email - firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: (530) 226-3075
- Links to download mobile app: